You should consider working with a reputable and dependable Norwalk motorcycle accident lawyer if you are involved in a motorcycle accident. At Injured CT, we shall dedicate our expertise and resources to identifying and understanding the circumstances surrounding your case to ensure you get the best legal representation.
We shall strive to ensure your rights and interests are protected. Call our Norwalk Personal Injury Lawyer today to know more about the different legal issues related to a motorcycle accident claim. We offer a free initial care review and shall advise you on the best way forward.
How Can a Norwalk Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
Motorcycle accidents are not like car crashes, and their litigation is never a straightforward affair. Insurance companies will not take things lying down when you are seeking compensation. They will try to discredit your claim using fictitious accusations and tactics that will lower the potential settlement you are to receive.
That is why you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to help counter their claim that your injuries are not directly linked to the accident or their impact on your way of life is not as significant as you purport. Your lawyer will also counter any low settlements the insurance company offers and shall be ready to take the matter to court if the negotiations fail.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Norwalk, call (855)-285-3425
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents may not be that frequent but account for roughly 14% of all road accident deaths in the country. Some of the top causes of motorcycle accidents in Connecticut and across numerous states in American include:
- Vehicles turning left with the driver not signaling or check if it is safe to take the turn.
- Head-on collisions with oncoming vehicles have the highest fatality rates though they occur rarely.
- Lane splitting is a habit that some motorbike riders have when facing heavy traffic, and they squeeze themselves between two lanes.
- Speeding is a common cause of motorcycle accidents since the riders love the thrill of having a roaring engine between their feet as they cruise the highway.
- Operating the motorbike when intoxicated by alcohol or drugs lead to impaired judgments and makes it hard to handle motorcycle safety during emergencies.
- Case of motorbikes crashing into stationary objects are not uncommon. Many of them happened because the rider was not attentive.
- Road hazards such as potholes, icy conditions, uneven lanes, or objects on the road pose considerable dangers to motorcyclists.
- In some cases, a rider might unexpectedly knock down someone that crosses into their path. Such instances are when a pedestrian fails to check oncoming traffic before crossing the road.
Norwalk Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Connecticut
Although motorcycle accidents in Connecticut are not that alarming, the number of severe injuries and fatalities in the few reported incidents is a concern. According to statistics, roughly 75% of motorbike accident injuries and deaths in Connecticut are associated with driver error, and the fatalities are mostly among riders who prefer to wear helmets.
Click to contact our Norwalk Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in Connecticut?
The dramatic spike in the number of motorcycle accidents in Connecticut, which was also found in other states in American, is a worrisome matter that saw the state joins with others that have passed laws stipulating the need for riders under a specific age to take the requisite motorcyclist’s education.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation has courses for the young, novice riders and advanced courses for the more seasoned bikers. The lessons cover safety education and motorcycle riding skills training.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Are the Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accident victims can suffer severe or minor injuries, and some die. Some of the common injuries motorcycle accident victims sustain include:
- Broken bones are mostly in the lower body. The injuries can result in permanent or temporary immobility.
- Road rash occurs when the skin is scraped against the road surface and sustains significant bruising. Road rash is treatable and heals with time, but it can leave some traumatic scarring.
- Brain and head injuries are the leading cause of many motorcycle accident-related deaths in the united states of America. That is why the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) recommends using protective headgear for the rider and passenger.
- Spinal cord injuries happen when the biker is ejected off the motorbike during an accident and hits the ground with his or her back with tremendous force. The spinal injury can result in partial or complete paralysis.
How Is Fault Determined in a Norwalk Motorcycle Accident?
A typical motorcycle accident will have one party as the victim and the other at fault for the incident. But there are chances of the involved parties to be partially liable for the accident. That is why Connecticut State courts will consider a “modified comparative negligence” rule when determining who qualifies to receive compensation.
It means that you, as the plaintiff, shall get a settlement equal to your degree of liability for the accident. Furthermore, you are not entitled to receive any compensation if you are found to shoulder more than 50% of the fault for the accident.
That is why you should work with our highly accomplished Norwalk motorcycle accident lawyer if you want to walk away with fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
At Injured CT, we are committed to helping our clients get what they are rightly owed. When you come to us to handle your motorbike accident lawsuit, we shall investigate the matter, collect evidence and present the case while asking for compensation for the following damages:
- Economic damages that cover your medical diagnosis, treatment, therapy, and recovery assistance costs. It also will include lost wages and any other loss with a determinable monetary value.
- Non-Economic damages meant to cover losses with an undeterminable monetary value. Such losses include physical disfigurement, temporary and permanent paralysis, among others.
- Punitive damages will be something that your attorney may pursue if our investigations prove the at-fault party’s actions were reckless and gross indifferent.
What Can Cause My Motorcycle Accident Claim to Be Denied?
Understand that all road accidents have different circumstances that can influence the outcomes of a compensation claim case. Some of these circumstances will be considered when denying a motorbike accident claim. the reasons include:
- The policy lapsed or was canceled, meaning the defendant’s insurance provider cannot be held responsible for the injuries and losses you incurred in the motorcycle accident.
- The motorbike rider did not have the proper insurance cover or not covered by their policy.
- You are partly to blame for the accident, having more than 50% liability.
- You were not injured in the motorcycle accident.
- You cannot prove your injuries were a direct result of the incident.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Claim in Connecticut State?
Under Connecticut State law, you have a two-year period from the time of the accident to file your claim. You might think that this is enough time for you to seek treatment and recover, then you can start the legal process. However, you would be making a big mistake because you are unaware of the procedural hurdles to overcome when it comes to such legal matters.
Therefore, the sooner you get in touch with our motorcycle accident attorney in Norwalk, CT, the better your chances of getting fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Let Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Win
Injured CT is your best bet when searching for reputable and dependable legal representation in your motorbike accident case. We offer a free case review and advise you accordingly on what you must do to secure your winning chances.
Call our Norwalk motorcycle accident lawyer today to know more.