Accidents can happen anywhere at any time and leave you dealing with immense pain, financial hardships, and many other negative consequences. Victims can recover compensation for preventable injuries and losses caused by another’s negligence.
However, pursuing compensation for a personal injury is often an arduous complex legal process that requires the expertise of a Danbury personal injury lawyer.
Our highly skilled Connecticut personal injury lawyers at Injured CT have years of experience. We are fully prepared and have the necessary resources to deliver the best outcome for your case.
We will fight aggressively for your rights and seek the maximum compensation possible. Contact us today to speak to one of our professional attorneys.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
After being involved in a personal injury, there are some important steps you need to take to protect your legal rights as well as your health and wellbeing:
- Get medical treatment – Ensure that you seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. To be on the safe side, do this even if you feel fine as some injuries take time to manifest. Remember to keep records of all treatments.
- Take photos/video if you can – If you are in a position to do so, take photos and videos of the scene of the accident as well as any visible injuries you might have suffered.
- Get names and numbers of any witnesses – If there are any witnesses available at the scene, speak to them and remember to collect their names and contact details.
- Report the incident – If you have been involved in an auto accident, it is very important that you report the accident to the police, especially if it involves injury, death, property damage, or drunk driving. If you have been injured while on the job, you should report the incident immediately to your supervisor or employer.
- Never admit fault – Avoid talking about the details of the accident with any of the parties involved besides your lawyer. You shouldn’t apologize or admit fault for the accident as this can hurt your claim.
- Call a Personal Injury Lawyer! You need to get in touch with an experienced Danbury personal injury lawyer at Injured CT as soon as possible after the accident. We will discuss your case and guide you on the best course of action.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Danbury, call (855)-285-3425
Why do I Need a Lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer offers you the best chances of success in your case. Here’s how a personal injury lawyer can help you:
Case Preparation / Filing a Lawsuit
After you’ve contacted our team and we’ve discussed your case, we will get started carrying out a thorough investigation into the accident and collect all the necessary evidence to build a solid case for you.
We will be able to determine the value of your claim and establish fault and liability by working with other experts and specialists. We will also help you to properly file the lawsuit and within the set deadlines.
Before your case is taken to trial, your attorney will try to reach a favorable settlement agreement with the at-fault party’s defense team or insurance company. Our attorneys have a lot of experience negotiating settlement deals.
Since your attorney knows how much your claim is worth, he/she will ensure that you are not taken advantage of and won’t settle for anything less than you deserve.
Trial Preparation & Representation
If both parties can’t reach a favorable settlement agreement, your attorney will commence a court action. Your attorney will prepare adequately for trial by ensuring that they have all the relevant evidence to back your claims.
We will also provide professional legal representation and fight for your interests before a judge and jury. The court will determine liability and awardable damages.
Danbury Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
There are basically three types of damages awardable in Connecticut personal injury cases.
- Economic Damages. This refers to objectively verifiable losses suffered by the victim as a result of their injuries. They are basically monetary losses. These include medical expenses, repair costs, lost income, loss of earning capacity, etc.
- Non-Economic Damages. This refers to non-financial losses suffered by the victim as a result of their injuries. These include loss of enjoyment of life, loss of limb function, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, etc.
- Punitive Damages. These types of damages apply in cases where gross negligence or intentional or malicious conduct is established on the part of the defendant. It is meant to punish the wrongdoer and to discourage the general public from repeating similar behavior.
Awardable punitive damages in Connecticut personal injury cases are capped at the total cost incurred by the plaintiff pursuing the claim as well as the legal fees.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
How Is Liability Determined?
For the plaintiff to successfully hold the at-fault party liable for their injuries, the plaintiff must be able to prove the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: You have to prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care in that particular situation. The law in Connecticut requires that all individuals act in a reasonable and prudent manner to ensure the safety of others.
- Breach of Duty of Care: Secondly, you have to prove that the defendant violated this duty of care.
- Causation: Next, you need to prove that the defendant’s breach of duty of care directly caused your injuries and not something else.
- Damages: Finally, you need to prove that you suffered legally compensable damages as a result of your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What If I’m Partially At Fault for an Injury/Accident?
The state of Connecticut follows the principle of modified comparative negligence to determine the level of liability of all parties involved. Under this rule, the plaintiff can only recover damages if they are no more than 50% at fault. However, their awardable amount is reduced by their percentage of fault.
How Much Time do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Connecticut?
The statute of limitation for personal injury cases in the state of Connecticut is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit against the liable party.
How Much Will a Danbury Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Perhaps one of the best things about hiring an attorney for your case is that you have nothing to lose but all to gain. At Injured CT, we work on a contingency basis which means that you only pay us after we’ve won your case. There are no upfront fees and you don’t have to pay us anything if we don’t secure a favorable settlement or outcome. After we’ve won your case you will only have to pay us a small agreed-upon percentage from the awarded amount.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Injured CT
We handle a variety of personal injury cases at Injured CT, including:
Car accidents are one of the common cases that we deal with. Do not be silent after being involved in an accident caused by another person’s fault, especially if you have been injured. Contact our office and let us help you fight for your rights.
Truck accidents are caused by various factors such as defective truck parts, speeding, improper loading of cargo, and even driver fatigue. If you have been involved in a truck accident, contact Injured CT, and we will help you determine who is liable for your damages and take legal action.
As a motorcyclist, you have the right to use the road like other motorists. However, when you get involved in an accident and sustain injuries because of someone’s error, you deserve to be compensated. Therefore, call us today and get connected to an experienced Danbury motorcycle accident lawyer.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Property owners must make sure that their property is safe for those who are coming in and going out. Anything that can cause slip and fall accidents should be avoided at all costs such as a slippery floor and uneven surfaces. If you sustain injuries as a result of a slip and fall accident, you deserve to be compensated especially if the property owner was aware of the danger but failed to warn you.
At Injured CT, we have years of experience in dealing with wrongful death cases. We have handled more than a hundred wrongful death cases and succeeded in helping our clients recover damages. This kind of case is usually complex, that is why we rely on top experts including independent investigators to work on each wrongful death case.
Reach Out to an Experienced Danbury Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident caused by the negligence or wrongful conduct of another party? The team at Injured CT can help you get the justice that you deserve.
With experience handling all kinds of personal injury cases, we know what it takes to win a case and we know what works and what doesn’t when handling such cases.
We have the necessary resources to access the services of top experts whose input can make all the difference in your case. We are fully committed to delivering the best outcome for your case.
You need not suffer alone, we are here for you. Remember, we operate on a contingency basis, and we are fully committed to serving you and your family.
Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.