No one expects to trip over an uneven sidewalk or slip while in the grocery store. Regrettably, injuries from such falls happen on a daily basis. They may leave you with severe injuries that may require a long time to heal. It is imperative you have a Norwalk slip & fall lawyer working on your behalf to get the compensation needed for your injuries.
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident in Norwalk, you require the help of a reputable law firm. At Injured CT, our Norwalk injury lawyers will go above and beyond to protect your rights. Call us today to speak to an experienced Norwalk slip & fall lawyer.
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accidents?
There are plenty of reasons why slip and fall accidents happen in the state of Connecticut. Here are some of the most common causes that our lawyers deal with:
- Faulty escalators or damaged staircases. This includes missing handrails
- Unlit or dark aisles, walkways, or footpaths
- Potholes on the roads, cracked floor tiles, uneven surfaces, torn carpeting, and irregular steps brought about by improper maintenance or structural defects
- Risky spills that staff in malls, hospitals, stores, nursing homes. and other facilities overlook
- Unsafe debris falling from rooftops due to failure to install gutters and storm drains
- Accidents such as tree branches falling off roofs that could have been dealt with
- Ignoring weather-related conditions such as snow or ice that could have been cleared in time
- Disregarding the erection of warning signs in hazardous places
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Norwalk, call (855)-285-3425
How Can a Norwalk Slip and Fall Attorney Help Me With My Case?
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident, it’s wise to speak to an attorney. At Injured CT, our legal team can help you with:
- Legal Advice. A seasoned Norwalk slip & fall lawyer should advise you exhaustively about your legal options. Our attorneys will recommend the best steps for your case. This ensures you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Establishing Liability. Norwalk slip and fall claims are complicated. Proving the negligence of a business, property owner, or government agency requires the help of a specialized attorney. Injured CT can help you establish negligence in your case. We will gather relevant evidence to establish the property owner’s fault.
- Calculating Damages. Proving your damages is the next step that our lawyers will embark on. This is critical if you wish to recover any compensation. It is a complicated process that requires the legal aid of a competent slip and fall lawyer in Norwalk. Our legal team will assess your past, present, and future damages. Once we are done evaluating your damages, we will proceed to file your claim.
- Settlement Negotiation. It isn’t advisable to represent yourself in settlement talks. You may end up receiving a lowball offer that won’t cover all your damages. Injured CT can handle all your settlement negotiations on your behalf. This gives you ample time to recover from your damages.
- Trial Preparation and Representation. Our slip and fall attorneys in Norwalk can represent you in court. This gives you a better chance of receiving the best compensation for your injuries. We will handle all technicalities to make sure your application is in order. Our experienced law firm will help you pursue compensation from negligent parties by providing you with professional legal counsel.
Norwalk Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
What Steps Can Be Taken to Help a Slip and Fall Case?
If you or your loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, there are several critical steps to take. These steps can help you build the best possible claim. They include:
- Document everything. Take pictures and videos of anything you think is relevant.
- Report the accident. Always ensure you report your incident. You can talk to your supervisor, landlord, or property owner about the incident.
- Note down relevant witness information. Don’t forget to get the details of any witnesses. They may include their names, numbers, and addresses.
- Seek medical attention.
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident, make sure you visit a doctor for treatment. If possible, find out if the issue can be dealt with immediately.
Click to contact our Norwalk Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident be Proved?
It is the duty of every property owner to maintain their premises. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Injured CT can help you prove a property owner’s negligence through these arguments:
- The owner of the property should have been aware of the hazard within a reasonable time
- The property owner was aware of the hazard but ignored fixing it
- The owner was responsible for the dangerous hazard
- The plaintiff wasn’t aware of the hazard. Here, an injured party may not have seen any warning signs or they didn’t see such signs in time to react.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Is Liability Determined in a Norwalk, Connecticut Slip and Fall Case?
If a property owner, employer, business owner, or government agency disregards the safety of others, it’s considered negligence. Connecticut uses the modified negligence rule (52-572h)(b) when determining liability. This rule determines the amount of compensation you’ll receive for your slip and fall injury. You must have less than 51% of the fault in Norwalk, CT to recover any damages.
Here are some of the questions you can expect when filing a slip and fall claim in Norwalk:
- Was there a valid reason for you to be on the premises?
- Would a reasonable person under similar circumstances have avoided the hazard?
- Was there any warning sign at the premises?
- Did any of your actions contribute to your slip and fall accident?
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
In slip and fall accident claims, three main factors determine the amount of compensation you’ll receive:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
The amount that your employer will pay is mainly dependent on these factors. An experienced Norwalk slip & fall lawyer can help you calculate these damages to find out how much your claim is worth.
Are There Any Time Limits for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
All Connecticut personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents, have to be filed within two years (52-584). You should file your claim within two years from the date of the accident.
We Can Fight for You
No one should suffer due to someone else’s negligence. If you believe your injuries are a result of the actions or inactions of a property owner, call us today. Let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Having an experienced Norwalk slip & fall lawyer at Injured CT by your side is the best reassurance. We can help you get the settlement you are entitled to. Reach out to us for a free case review.