Middletown Personal Injury Attorneys
No Cost Consultation ✓ Only Pay if We Win ✓
Middletown Personal Injury Attorneys
Schedule a free consultation
Suffering an injury caused by another person’s negligence can leave you feeling vulnerable and alone. However, our Middletown personal injury lawyers can offer the support and guidance you need to rebuild your life. Our compassionate legal team can help you navigate the insurance claim process or file a lawsuit on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve.
Whether you were injured in a car accident, slip-and-fall accident, or were harmed by a defective product, reach out to our attorneys to protect your rights. Our law firm specializes in multiple practice areas under personal injury law.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Represent
Injury accidents can take many forms. Yet one thing they have in common is the victim’s search for answers on their road to recovery.
A personal injury attorney can help you understand the legal nuances of your case and offer you information to help you make informed decisions.
We have 50 years of combined experience handling a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are too common, not just in densely-populated urban areas but also in communities like Middletown, CT. Many collisions lead to minor or catastrophic injuries and property damage. To recover damages, you must identify the responsible party, which can be challenging in a multi-vehicle crash.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle riders are more exposed to injuries, including road rash and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), due to their vehicle type. Since they don’t benefit from added protection offered by a car frame, motorcyclists are often victims of negligence on the road.
- Truck accidents: Trucks can cause catastrophic damage when they are involved in an accident due to their sheer size and weight. If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, we recommend obtaining legal help from an experienced Middletown personal injury lawyer.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice, like surgical errors, can have devastating consequences and may lead to life-long injuries. If you or a loved one was injured due to medical negligence, you could seek compensation from the liable party. A personal injury lawyer can advocate and protect your rights when you feel most vulnerable.
- Product liability: Defective products can cause severe injuries and even death. When product designers or manufacturers prioritize profit over consumer safety, mistakes are prone to happen.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accident injuries can be life-altering. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer will help you understand your rights and options for recovering compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Slip and fall accidents: Property owners and business managers are responsible for keeping the premises safe. If you slip or trip on their property, you can suffer from painful injuries, including broken bones and neck injuries.
A Middleton, CT, personal injury lawyer will identify all at-fault parties, review pertinent evidence, and explore avenues to recover maximum compensation, including making a personal injury claim, or filing a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Connecticut Negligence Laws
Connecticut negligence laws are in place to protect individuals from harm caused by the careless or reckless actions of another person.
Negligence is a legal concept that holds an individual responsible for any injury or damage they cause due to their failure to act with reasonable care.
To prove negligence in a personal injury case, you must show that:
- The defendant had a duty of care to you.
- That the defendant breached this duty of care.
- That this breach caused your injuries.
If all three elements are proven, the defendant may be liable for damages you suffered.
Modified Comparative Negligence
Connecticut employs a modified comparative negligence system which means you may recover damages if your level of fault is 50% or less.
However, if the court finds that you were 51% or more at fault for your injuries or damages, your financial compensation will be reduced accordingly.
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
The types of damages you can recover after an accident depend on the specific circumstances of your case.
Generally, you can access compensatory damages, which include economic and non-economic losses. These are a form of compensation that help restore accident victims to their financial position before the incident.
In fewer cases, you may also access punitive damages. These are awarded only in cases where the defendant’s actions were deemed malicious or grossly negligent. Again, your Middletown injury lawyer can determine your qualified damages.
These refer to financial losses caused by the negligence of another party. Document these tangible losses by collecting documents of your accident-related expenses, including medical bills and receipts for repair costs. Economic damages may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
Intangible losses are more difficult to quantify since they do not have an exact monetary value attached to them. You may recover the following non-economic losses:
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
An attorney will rely on a wide variety of evidence to prove the full spectrum of your intangible losses. For example, they can relay your personal experiences by relying on testimony from friends and family, witness accounts, medical records, and other proof.
Wrongful Death Claims
Wrongful death claims are a type of personal injury claim that can be brought if your loved one dies due to another person or entity’s negligence or wrongful act.
Family members, including spouses, children, and parents, typically bring these claims. In Middletown, wrongful death claims can be filed in civil court and may include damages for medical expenses, funeral costs, lost wages and benefits, and loss of companionship.
Call a Middletown Personal Injury Attorney Today
Being involved in an accident can be a traumatic experience. However, you don’t have to face the legal aftermath alone. At Aeton Law Partners, we will fight alongside you for fair compensation. Our legal team will represent your best interests before insurance companies and is ready to take your case to trial if needed.
A personal injury lawyer in Middletown can help you seek justice and rebuild your life. Contact us today to discuss your case during your initial consultation.
"If you are not emotionally invested, your client is not getting your best effort.”
Our dedication to superior service and personal investment in our cases is unmatched throughout the state of Connecticut.