Motorcycle riders can be seriously injured by careless or reckless drivers. A skilled Waterbury motorcycle accident lawyer has the knowledge to bring fair compensation to victims in these unfortunate circumstances.
Let Injured CT help you in this difficult time and work your case for a successful claim. Contact us today for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Waterbury, CT.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
Personal injury claims, particularly motorcycle accident cases can prove to be difficult. You will need to file a claim within Connecticut’s statute of limitations and submit the required paperwork and legal documents. This is on top of the things you have to do to recover both physically and emotionally.
Victims of a motorcycle accident won’t have to do this by themselves. An experienced attorney can ease the burden on your behalf. They can gather evidence, submit the documents and speak to the other party for you. In instances where you’re offered an out-of-court settlement, a Waterbury motorcycle accident lawyer will make sure you get maximum compensation.
A lawyer can also bring you up to speed in legal processes. Most people only go through a claim once in their lives, and as such will have no idea how to efficiently manage their time. An expert attorney will explain what’s happening every step of the way.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Waterbury, call (855)-285-3425
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving often leads to road mishaps. Sometimes the motorist could be looking at another thing, e.g., a person, his or her phone or while speaking with a passenger, and they won’t be able to see the road ahead.
- Faulty Brakes or Lighting: It’s not unusual for hardware to fail, and with motorcycles, it’s a fairly common occurrence. They can be negligent and fail to turn on their headlights at night or in dark places or have a non-working brake when it’s needed the most. As such, they won’t be able to slow down and hit pedestrians or other vehicles.
- Unexpected Pedestrians: If you’re driving on the streets of Connecticut it’s best to be careful. Pedestrians can suddenly appear out of nowhere and try to cross even if it’s not their turn.
Waterbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Waterbury Connecticut
Even as there are fewer vehicles on the road, the number of road accidents increases year by year. This is attributed to speeding and not following the recommended driving speed.
In Connecticut, motorcycle accidents rose in 2020. Total fatality also rose mostly due to driver operation. Accidents were often severe as motorists thought it was okay to speed up their vehicles.
Click to contact our Waterbury Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Is Fault Determined in a Waterbury Motorcycle Accident?
Fault can be uncovered with the help of a legal advisor. At Injured CT, we have skilled lawyers who will be able to find the truth and gather the evidence needed to win your case and make for a successful claim.
The first thing to check in a motorcycle accident in Connecticut is to see who’s at fault. Unfortunately, this isn’t always a clear scenario, especially if there are multiple parties and factors involved.
With the help of evidence and footage, authorities and attorneys can get to the root of the matter quickly and decisively. In court, a lawyer will be able to present evidence pointing to the negligent party convincingly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
Connecticut law states that victims of a motorcycle accident can get compensation from the negligent party who caused the crash. Generally, you can receive compensation in the form of non-economic and economic damages.
- Non-Economic Damages: These losses are usually intangible and difficult to substantiate. Examples include loss of consortium, mental anguish, pain and suffering, and others.
- Economic Damages: These losses are directly related to the accident and are usually determined by several things. Examples include medical expenses for the past, current, and future, as well as lost earning capacity, lost wages, and renovations required to accommodate a disability.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
For insurance claims, the outcome may be determined by whether you’re insured for that policy, or if it has lapsed or been canceled. If this is the case then you may not be able to receive the compensation you were looking for.
Navigating the legal road in a motorcycle accident claim can be tricky, and most of the time the opposing party will do everything they can to avoid paying. A professional Waterbury motorcycle accident lawyer can see to it that you get the rightful justice and compensation you deserve.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Claim in Connecticut?
Connecticut law says that motorcycle accident victims can file a legal claim to get compensation for damages within a 2-year statute of limitations.
You might think that this is enough time, but it’s important that you get started right away as soon as you are able. Getting back to optimal health is paramount but then you may not be able to submit the required paperwork or gather evidence for a successful claim.
Contact a Waterbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, Injured CT will guide you through the legal processes and explain in detail what you need to know. We can submit legal documents on your behalf as well as investigate the accident and uncover the truth of who caused it.
Furthermore, we can negotiate on your behalf so you get just compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Waterbury motorcycle accident lawyer.