Bridgeport CT has several scenic areas which are ideal for motorcyclists. Therefore, it is easy to understand why several people enjoy riding motorcycles. Unfortunately, regardless of how safe you are, you can still find yourself in a motorcycle crash through no fault of your own.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle wreck, you’ll want a skilled Bridgeport motorcycle accident lawyer fighting for you. Injured CT has represented several motorcyclists who have been involved in motorcycle accidents in Bridgeport CT, and the surrounding areas.
Our Bridgeport personal injury lawyers have years of experience winning settlements for our clients, Call us today to schedule a Free Consultation!
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help with My Compensation Claim?
- Education: Our Bridgeport motorcycle accident lawyer will educate you about the laws concerning motorcycle accidents including the available insurance coverage and possible claims.
- Investigation: Our lawyer can help in investigating your case, gathering the necessary documentation, and setting up proper claims.
- Negotiation: Our motorcycle accident lawyer can help in monitoring you as you receive medical treatment if you suffered injuries. After that, the lawyer will help to prepare a demand letter and start the process of negotiating for your injury claim with the defendant
Filing a lawsuit and trial representation: In case, you do not reach a favorable settlement through negotiation, our Bridgeport motorcycle accident attorney can help in filing a lawsuit and representing you in court so that you can receive the settlement that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Bridgeport, call (855)-285-3425
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Unexpected pedestrians in the road. Some motorcycle accidents occur because motorcyclists fail to pay attention to pedestrians or do not use their sixth sense to predict the actions of other road users.
- Faulty mirrors, brakes, or lighting. You should have a properly maintained motorcycle on the road. If your motorcycle has faulty lighting, brakes, and mirrors, it can contribute to an accident.
- Drunk driving or drugged driving. Driving while intoxicated with drugs or alcohol is a bad idea because it can make you have poor road judgments and you might crash with other road users.
- Failure to pay attention to motorcycles. In most motorcycle accidents that involve vehicles, drivers have revealed that they did not see the motorcycle before the crash. While as a motorcyclist you might not have a fault, you should avoid riding close to other motorcycles or vehicles to prevent accidents.
- Distracted driving. Most accidents happen in Bridgeport CT because motorcycles are challenging to see and a driver can become distracted from other road users and weather elements. As a result, a driver can make an unexpected left-handed turn without alert a motorcyclist leading to an accident.
Bridgeport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Recent statistics from Bridgeport CT Crash Data respiratory indicate that there were 3,516 motorcycle accidents from Jan 2018 to Jan 2021. In 2019, approximately 46 people lost their lives in a motorcycle accident where about 28 of them did not wear a helmet at the time of a crash.
Click to contact our Bridgeport Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in Bridgeport CT?
If you are planning to file a motorcycle claim in Bridgeport CT, you should familiarize yourself with the laws of this state such as:
- Lane splitting is illegal. Therefore, riding of two or more motorcycles abreast is prohibited in a single lane.
- The motorcycle handlebars should not be above the shoulders of the rider.
- If the motorcycle is not equipped with a windscreen, the motorcyclists should have eye protection tools such as goggles and helmets.
- All motorcyclists who are below 18 years should take a beginner’s DMV training course. To receive a permit in Bridgeport, you should have a driver’s license
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Are the Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
Below are some of the common injuries that result from a motorcycle accident.
Head and Neck Injuries
If you experience a motorcycle accident might experience head injuries that can include concussion cracked skull and even brain injuries. In other cases, you might experience neck injuries including broken collar bones that can result in permanent paralysis or even death.
Since motorcycles topple over when involved in crashes, riders can be thrown in the ground leading to the breaking of their legs, arm, feet, and wrist bones.
If you happen to be involved in a motorcycle accident, you might slide across the road. Depending on the types of clothing that you have you can experience road rash injuries that can include mild bruising, scrapes, cuts, muscle damage, and severe gashes.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Unfortunately, spinal cord injuries are the most common in motorcycle accidents. This is because motorcycles do not have safety devices such as seat belts that can limit the severity of the injuries. Therefore, it implies that your neck and back can be directly hyperextended, disjointed, or struck without any protection.
How Is Fault Determined in a Bridgeport CT Motorcycle Accident?
Our Bridgeport CT lawyers handle all motorcycle accident claims based on the at-fault system. In this case, you should prove the following aspects to receive your claim.
- Duty of care: You should prove that the at-fault party had a legal obligation to ensure duty of care to act or drive safely
- Breach of duty: You should prove that the at-fault party breached their legal duty by failing to follow traffic rules.
- Causation: You should prove that the negligent actions of the at-fault part contributed to the accident that leads to your injury.
- Damages: You should prove you suffered damages due to the accident by having genuine receipts of your medical bills.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
- Economic damages. Refers to tangible damages including hospital bills, loss of earnings, and physical therapy.
- Non-economic damages. Refers to non-monetary losses such as emotional distress, loss of life enjoyment, disfigurement, pain, and suffering.
- Punitive damages. Not common, but can be awarded in accidents that involve grossly negligent actions.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
Before you file a motorcycle injury accident claim you should know the factors that can make it be denied. Reasons of such reasons include:
- Your fault: Your claim can be denied because the jury will consider that you made a fault. This is why you should avoid admitting or apologizing to the defendant after the crash.
- Wrong coverage: If the policy that you have does not cover the associated damages, you will not receive your claim.
- Insufficient coverage: Although you might have the appropriate coverage, if it is not adequate to pay the expenses, you will not receive the claim.
- Late filing: Your policy might have a specific period when you should file a claim. If you miss, the deadline your claim can be denied.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Claim in Bridgeport CT?
In Bridgeport CT, you have a two-year time limit to file your motorcycle accident claim. This statutory period applies regardless of the time that you discover that you suffered an injury.
Contact a Bridgeport Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Injured CT for a Free Consultation
At Injured CT we have an excellent track record of helping in resolving personal injury claims. We do understand that to achieve a positive outcome you need an aggressive Bridgeport motorcycle accident lawyer. Fortunately, we have a team of attorneys who are ready to help you pursue your case.
If you are ready to learn more about the options that you have after a motorcycle accident you can call us to schedule a free consultation.