Every day, accidents happen on Connecticut roads. It’s impossible to foresee crashes. Motorcycle accidents can have far-reaching consequences. They can leave you or your loved one nursing severe and life-changing injuries. With that in mind, it is imperative you have an experienced Torrington motorcycle accident lawyer from Injured CT working for you.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a Torrington motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s advisable to seek the legal advice of an experienced Torrington motorcycle lawyer immediately.
Call Injured CT’s Torrington personal injury lawyers now for a free case review. Get started today before it’s too late to fight for your rights.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
If you want to win your claim, the legal assistance of a seasoned motorcycle accident attorney in Torrington is crucial. It’s never a good idea to represent yourself in a motorcycle accident claim. Remember, motorcycle accident laws and personal injury laws in Connecticut are complicated.
Hiring our experienced legal team at Injured CT will ensure you get the best legal counsel throughout your case. Our seasoned attorney won’t rest until you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Here’s how our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you:
- Conduct thorough investigations into your crash
- Walk you through the entire legal process and inform you about your options
- Evaluate all relevant evidence regarding your case. This includes medical reports, police reports, dashcam footage, and eyewitness statements.
- Establish fault
- File your motorcycle accident claim following due process
- Dealing with settlement negotiations while you recuperate
- Represent you in court if out-of-court settlements don’t work out
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
In truth, most motorcycle crashes in Torrington are avoidable and preventable. Suppose road users follow all traffic rules and take appropriate precautions while on the road, most of these accidents won’t happen in Connecticut.
Here are some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Disregarding motorcyclists while on the road
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defective auto parts, including brakes, mirrors, or lighting
- Unexpected pedestrians in the road
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Torrington, Connecticut
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 4,985 motorcyclists were killed in 2018. This was a 5% decrease from the 5,229 motorcyclists who passed on in 2017. Over 82,000 motorcyclists sustained injuries in 2018.
Motorcyclist fatalities in Connecticut were 77 in 2015, 82 in 2016, 90 in 2017, 100 in 2018, and 46 in 2019. In Litchfield County, the number of fatalities from motorcycle crashes was 3 in 2015, 4 in 2016, 3 in 2017, 2 in 2018, and 5 in 2019.
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, there are specific laws that govern the motorcycle industry. All riders must abide by these laws while on the road:
- Renewal of motorcycle license every year
- Obey all traffic signals
- Riders use the standard driver’s license that includes a motorcycle endorsement
- Riders under the age of 18 should always wear helmets
- Have liability insurance: $20,000 per individual, $40,000 per crash, and $10,000 for property damage
- All motorcyclists must wear eye protection unless their motorcycle has a windshield
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced Torrington motorcycle accident lawyer immediately. Allow Injured CT to help protect your legal rights.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
In most motorcycle accidents, riders don’t walk away unharmed. They are typically exposed, leaving them more susceptible to severe injuries. The most common injuries that motorcyclists sustain are:
- Fractured bones
- Road rash
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Always contact a reliable motorcycle accident attorney in Torrington after your wreck. Injured CT can help you prove fault in your crash.
How Is Fault Determined in a Torrington Motorcycle Accident?
Fault isn’t an easy concept to prove. Having an experienced lawyer by your side can help you find out who is responsible for your injuries. Our Torrington motorcycle accident lawyers are well-versed with Connecticut motorcycle laws.
In Connecticut, the modified negligence rule applies when establishing liability. For you to receive any compensation for your injuries, your liability should fall under 51%.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
You may be eligible to receive the following damages for your motorcycle accident claim in Torrington, CT:
- Economic damages, including lost wages, medical expenses, lost earning capacity, funeral costs, and property damage.
- Non-economic damages, including inconvenience, loss of reputation, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and consortium loss.
- Punitive action that aims to punish the defendant for their malicious, negligent, or reckless actions. These damages have no relation to the victim’s actual injury. They focus on the defendant’s behavior.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
There are various reasons why insurance companies deny motorcycle accident claims. This is the first thing any insurer will try to do after an accident. There are various reasons why an insurer may deny your claim in Connecticut, including:
- The insurance policy was canceled or expired
- The defendant wasn’t covered under the policy
- They believe you were liable for your crash
- They don’t believe you sustained any injuries
- They believe your injuries have no direct relation to the crash
After a motorcycle accident in Connecticut, everything may seem overwhelming. Contacting a Torrington motorcycle accident lawyer is the best decision after your wreck.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Claim in Connecticut?
All states have time limits for personal injury claims. In Connecticut, you have two years to file a motorcycle accident claim. Don’t delay filing your claim since you won’t be able to receive any financial compensation. This time limit applies from the date of the crash. For property damage claims, you also have two years to file your claim.
Get Started Today to Find Out Your Legal Options
Motorcycles are much smaller compared to cars, buses, and trucks. Accidents involving motorcycles can be devastating. You need to act fast after your motorcycle accident for you to get the justice you deserve. Reaching out to a reputable Torrington motorcycle accident attorney is your best option.
At Injured CT, our experienced legal team is ready to help you. Call us today to find out if you have a case. Let us offer you sound legal advice during these trying times. We won’t rest until all negligent parties are held accountable for their actions.