Neyah Kane Bennett is the managing partner of Aeton Law Partners LLP. He is AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Rating is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. In 2014-2021, he was awarded the Super Lawyer designation for business litigation. He authored the business torts section of a book for ALM on the topic of civil discovery in Connecticut. He recently published “How to Bulletproof Your Business, Ten Tips from Ten Years of Business Disputes.” The book includes an easy to use checklist and features very practical advice on avoiding lawsuits for small to mid-sized business owners. Attorney Bennett is also the publisher of the Connecticut Business Litigation Blog. The blog is in its ninth year and covers a variety of legal topics impacting business in Connecticut.
Attorney Bennett’s practice at Aeton includes representation of individuals and businesses in a range of trial and transactional matters, such as business, employment, commercial law, technology, and complex personal injury. In addition, he provides general counsel services to individuals and businesses related to litigation, contracts, technology, employment matters, and risk management issues throughout Connecticut. He also regularly handles cases in Massachusetts and other states.
Litigation & Trial Experience
Attorney Bennett tried his first jury trial case on the day he passed the bar exam more than 20 years ago. He has been in and out of courtrooms ever since on all types of cases throughout Connecticut and in multiple states. He started his career as a prosecutor in a jurisdiction with significant levels of serious crime. He received training in trial practice and investigative tactics from senior trial attorneys both locally and nationally. He has tried numerous jury and non-jury cases to verdict and questioned hundreds of witnesses under oath in court proceedings.
Attorney Bennett moved on from his job as a prosecutor to join one of Connecticut’s largest litigation and trial firms. There, he gained extensive training and experience in civil litigation working alongside and under the supervision of notable veteran attorneys. After several years of practice and reaching the status of Partner, Attorney Bennett moved on to form his own law firm, Aeton Law Partners.
Attorney Bennett has represented several companies and business owners in matters involving breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits, employment claims, shareholder rights and protection of trade secrets. He has handled litigation and trial matters involving financial investors, minority and majority shareholders, dissolution proceedings, and shareholder disputes. He has acquired significant case handling experience in the area of shareholder rights, including both the defense and prosecution of claims for shareholder oppression, breach of fiduciary duty, and dissolution. He has also represented nurses, physicians, and other health care practitioners in all types of disputes concerning ownership rights and business matters as well as cases with employers involving compensation, termination, and medical staff privileges.
Peter Leonidas – CEO Of Soma Technology
“I must’ve worked with at least several lawyers in 25 years… From my experience you don’t realize the capability of another lawyer until you have some previous experience with somebody. When you truly get to appreciate someone like Kane, is when you really need somebody like Kane.”
- How to BulletProof Your Business – Ten Tips from Ten Years of Business Disputes (2019)
- Co-Author of the Business Torts section of CT Civil Discovery Form, CT Law Tribune (2012)
- Head in the Clouds: The Ethical and Practical Considerations for Attorneys in Cloud Computing (2013)
- Dare to Go Digital: How a 21st Century Law Firm Can Increase Productivity and Profits by Smart Use of Technology, Connecticut Bar Association Annual Meeting (2011)
- Design and Management of the Lean Law Firm, CT Bar Association Small Firm Management Section (2011)
- Alternative Fee Arrangements: Where Are We Now and How Are Firms Changing to Implement AFA’s, New England Legal Marketing Association (2011)
- Firm Future, Practice Management and Legal Technology, The Warren Group (2010)
- Find It Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web, National Business Institute (2010)
- Flash Forward or Lost: How Technology is Changing the Practice of Law, and What’s Next? Connecticut Bar Foundation (2010)
- Commercial Litigation Roundtable, Managing Litigation, Council on Litigation Management (2010)
- The Business of Law: Does It Have to Be Profits v. Ethics? A Discussion of Alternative Fees. New Jersey Institute for Legal Education (October 2010)
- Technology Basics for Solos and Small Firms, New Haven County Bar Association (2009)
- Don’t Get Caught Operating Without A License, For the Defense (DRI 2008)
- Product Liability Defenses: A State-by-State Compendium, Connecticut Chapter, (DRI 2007)
- Speech Recognition Software More Reliable Than Ever, CT Law Tribune (2007)
- A Better Option for Viewing Transcripts Electronically, CT Law Tribune (2006)
- Sore Thumbs Up to Lawyer Mobility, CT Law Tribune (2006)
- When is it Timely to Bring a Third-Party Indemnification Action in a Product Liability Case, The Defense, Journal of Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association (2005)
- Low Digital Prices Facilitate Video Depositions, CT Law Tribune (2005)
Attorney Bennett is a proud contributor of various groups including the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI), and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation.