Meet Attorney N. “Kane” Bennett
Neyah Kane Bennett is the managing partner of Aeton Law Partners LLP. He’s been awarded the Super Lawyer designation for business litigation from 2014-2022 and has been at the forefront of legal technology. His practice at Aeton includes business, employment, commercial law, technology, complex personal injury, and transactional services.
An Experienced Litigation and Trial Attorney
Attorney Bennett’s trial experience spans more than 20 years. In fact, he tried his first jury trial case on the day he passed the bar exam more than 20 years ago. He started as a prosecutor and then moved to one of Connecticut’s largest litigation firms before forming Aeton Law Partners.
Kane has served as lead trial counsel on dozens of personal injury jury trials, criminal trials, and business litigation trials. He has recovered millions of dollars for his clients and has received numerous defense verdicts for small and medium sized business in jury trials throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
What His Clients Say
“We found AETON through a google search. We were in the process of selecting a law firm for our company’s complex litigation matter. From our very first visit, we were very impressed with Kane Bennett, we knew that AETON was the firm we would move ahead with. Kane Bennett was our point of contact and he is very knowledgeable, thorough and presents every strategic option available to his clients. His strategy is top-notch and has left the opposing counsels surprised and unprepared a number of times.”
“I become involved in a legal dispute with a business partner that required legal representation in Connecticut. After some internet research, I retained Aeton Law Partners LLP based on Kane Bennett’s experience in the courtroom as a prosecutor and their good understanding of business and technology issues. I definitely appreciated having Kane on my side, guiding me through this long and difficult–and ultimately successful–process, always providing great advice and counsel.”
AV Rating and Recognition
Bennett is AV judged rated by Peers and Judges, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. He has also authored a business torts section in a book for ALM on civil discovery in Connecticut and recently published “How to Bulletproof Your Business.”
Law Firm Management and Technology
Attorney Bennett has embraced legal technology since the early stages of his career. His innovations include implementing AI-driven solutions and cloud-based practice management, making Aeton one of the first firms to go fully digital.
Along with Aeton Partner Jon Shapiro, Kane is the co-chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s AI Committee.
Education and Bar Admissions
J.D., Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, Cum laude
University of Connecticut
U.S. District Courts and U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
Connecticut Bar Association
More About Kane
Kane lives in Connecticut with his wife and three children. He is a proud contributor to various groups like the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation. Aeton is committed to charitable work, and Bennett actively supports the firm’s involvement in community causes.
Litigation & Trial Experience
Attorney Bennett tried his first jury trial case on the day he passed the bar exam more than 20 years ago. He has been in and out of courtrooms ever since on all types of cases throughout Connecticut and in multiple states. He started his career as a prosecutor in a jurisdiction with significant levels of serious crime. He received training in trial practice and investigative tactics from senior trial attorneys both locally and nationally. He has tried numerous jury and non-jury cases to verdict and questioned hundreds of witnesses under oath in court proceedings.
Attorney Bennett moved on from his job as a prosecutor to join one of Connecticut’s largest litigation and trial firms. There, he gained extensive training and experience in civil litigation working alongside and under the supervision of notable veteran attorneys. After several years of practice and reaching the status of Partner, Attorney Bennett moved on to form his own law firm, Aeton Law Partners.
Attorney Bennett has represented several companies and business owners in matters involving breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits, employment claims, shareholder rights and protection of trade secrets. He has handled litigation and trial matters involving financial investors, minority and majority shareholders, dissolution proceedings, and shareholder disputes. He has acquired significant case handling experience in the area of shareholder rights, including both the defense and prosecution of claims for shareholder oppression, breach of fiduciary duty, and dissolution. He has also represented nurses, physicians, and other health care practitioners in all types of disputes concerning ownership rights and business matters as well as cases with employers involving compensation, termination, and medical staff privileges.
Peter Leonidas – CEO Of Soma Technology
“I must’ve worked with at least several lawyers in 25 years… From my experience you don’t realize the capability of another lawyer until you have some previous experience with somebody. When you truly get to appreciate someone like Kane, is when you really need somebody like Kane.”
- How to BulletProof Your Business – Ten Tips from Ten Years of Business Disputes (2019)
- Co-Author of the Business Torts section of CT Civil Discovery Form, CT Law Tribune (2012)
- Head in the Clouds: The Ethical and Practical Considerations for Attorneys in Cloud Computing (2013)
- Dare to Go Digital: How a 21st Century Law Firm Can Increase Productivity and Profits by Smart Use of Technology, Connecticut Bar Association Annual Meeting (2011)
- Design and Management of the Lean Law Firm, CT Bar Association Small Firm Management Section (2011)
- Alternative Fee Arrangements: Where Are We Now and How Are Firms Changing to Implement AFA’s, New England Legal Marketing Association (2011)
- Firm Future, Practice Management and Legal Technology, The Warren Group (2010)
- Find It Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web, National Business Institute (2010)
- Flash Forward or Lost: How Technology is Changing the Practice of Law, and What’s Next? Connecticut Bar Foundation (2010)
- Commercial Litigation Roundtable, Managing Litigation, Council on Litigation Management (2010)
- The Business of Law: Does It Have to Be Profits v. Ethics? A Discussion of Alternative Fees. New Jersey Institute for Legal Education (October 2010)
- Technology Basics for Solos and Small Firms, New Haven County Bar Association (2009)
- Don’t Get Caught Operating Without A License, For the Defense (DRI 2008)
- Product Liability Defenses: A State-by-State Compendium, Connecticut Chapter, (DRI 2007)
- Speech Recognition Software More Reliable Than Ever, CT Law Tribune (2007)
- A Better Option for Viewing Transcripts Electronically, CT Law Tribune (2006)
- Sore Thumbs Up to Lawyer Mobility, CT Law Tribune (2006)
- When is it Timely to Bring a Third-Party Indemnification Action in a Product Liability Case, The Defense, Journal of Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association (2005)
- Low Digital Prices Facilitate Video Depositions, CT Law Tribune (2005)
Attorney Bennett is a proud contributor of various groups including the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI), and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation.