If you have suffered severe injuries in a motorcycle crash, you may face steep medical bills and other long-term financial losses. However, if the negligent driver was at fault for the collision, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Willimantic, CT, will help you recover damages.
Since Injured CT was founded in 2012, we have helped many clients reclaim their lives after traumatic accidents. Our Willimantic personal injury lawyers could also help you secure maximum compensation. Call us today for a free case review.
Available Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident
Riders face a higher risk of catastrophic injuries compared to drivers due to the nature of motorcycling. Unlike a car’s enclosed and protective environment, motorcyclists lack a substantial physical barrier between themselves and the road.
Suffering catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injuries can have a lasting financial impact on the victim and their family. In addition to medical expenses, they may be unable to return to work for a while, further increasing their financial hardships. In extreme cases, the victim may never be able to work again.
After a motorcycle crash, you could claim the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: These include a wide range, from immediate emergency medical care and hospitalization to ongoing rehabilitation, physical therapy, and follow-up consultations. Meticulously document all related costs, including future anticipated medical needs.
- Property damage: The repercussions of a crash often involve repair or replacement costs for the damaged motorcycle, as well as any other property affected, such as protective gear, helmets, and personal belongings.
- Lost wages: Injuries sustained in collisions can lead to a temporary or permanent inability to work, resulting in significant income loss. Documenting and quantifying these losses requires a meticulous approach, considering salary, bonuses, and potential career advancements.
- Diminished earning potential: Beyond the immediate impact on current wages, injuries sustained in a crash can alter an individual’s ability to perform certain job functions or pursue career advancements. This long-term consequence may lead to decreased earning capacity over the years.
- Pain and suffering: Beyond the physical injuries, individuals may endure prolonged emotional distress, psychological trauma, and a diminished quality of life. These damages are challenging to quantify in monetary terms but are nonetheless crucial to address in the pursuit of compensation.
Collaborate with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney from our team to ensure all your expenses and future losses are addressed. Your lawyer will gather relevant documents and other types of evidence to show the full extent of your expenses.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Willimantic, call (855)-285-3425
Can You Get Compensation If You’re Partially at Fault for the Crash?
Connecticut follows a modified comparative negligence system, where an injured party can still recover damages even if they are partially at fault, as long as they are not more responsible for the crash than the other party. However, the compensation is reduced proportionally based on the percentage of fault assigned.
For instance, if a motorcyclist is found to be 20% at fault for an accident, their recoverable damages will be diminished by that percentage. If the injured party is deemed 55% at fault, they are barred from recovering any compensation.
Consult a skilled motorcycle lawyer to discuss relevant legal considerations that may impact your case. They will explain in detail how state laws affect your claim and your rights as an accident victim.
Willimantic Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
Successfully Negotiating With Insurance Companies
Motorcycle accident victims often find themselves in a precarious position when dealing with insurance companies. Their primary interest lies in minimizing payouts despite the assurances of support and fair treatment.
Seeking the counsel of a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney tips the scale in your favor and ensures that your rights are protected. With a skilled attorney by your side, you gain a strategic advantage in negotiations and increase the likelihood of securing fair and just compensation.
Click to contact our Willimantic Personal Injury Lawyers today
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Within Connecticut’s Statute of Limitations
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. In Connecticut, the statute of limitations establishes a specific timeframe within which legal action must be initiated.
Typically, for personal injury cases, including those arising from motorcycle crashes, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the incident. If you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, the deadline for filing a wrongful death claim is two years from the date of death.
Failing to file a lawsuit within this time frame can result in losing your right to seek compensation. Therefore, consult with a skilled personal injury attorney promptly. Acting swiftly within the statute of limitations preserves your legal rights and maximizes the chances of building a strong case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Willimantic Today
If you’ve experienced a motorcycle accident in Willimantic, don’t navigate the legal complexities alone; collaborate with our Willimantic motorcycle accident lawyers. Our team is dedicated to providing the support and advocacy you need during this challenging time.
Time is of the essence, especially considering Connecticut’s statute of limitations, so contacting us promptly ensures that we can start building a robust claim on your behalf. Contact Injured CT Partners today to get started on your case.