Accidents involving trucks are responsible for some of the most horrific incidents on the Connecticut highways. And when they happen, most people are uncertain of what to do, who to turn to for help, when to call an attorney.
At Injured CT, we understand that a truck accident can leave victims facing a long recovery journey and a mountain of medical bills.
We have the resources, skills, and legal expertise needed to obtain positive outcomes for victims and their families. Our Bridgeport truck accident lawyer will fight aggressively on your behalf to hold the negligent party accountable.
For a free consultation with a Bridgeport personal injury lawyer, contact our office today, and let’s get your truck accident claim started!
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?
Our Bridgeport truck accident lawyer advises you to take these steps after a crash:
- Call the police: Law enforcement will make a report, which can be valuable in your claim for compensation.
- Check on others: If you can, help others who were involved in the accident.
- Document the scene: Write down what happened. You can also take pictures of the accident scene, including all vehicles involved and the road condition.
- Speak to witnesses: Take the names and addresses of any witnesses who can help you back up the facts of your claim. It would be best if they are willing to record a statement.
- Seek medical attention: Signs of injuries aren’t always apparent, and so you should seek medical care even if you feel fine. Besides, any medical report can help you prove liability.
- Contact an attorney: The at-fault party will immediately notify their insurers. An attorney can deal with these big boys on your behalf to ensure you don’t settle for less than you deserve. Lawyers have been in such situations for a long time, and they know how to act and respond to maximize your compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Bridgeport, call (855)-285-3425
How Can a Bridgeport Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
Our team at Injured CT can help in the following ways:
- Investigation: A truck accident claim should demonstrate what really happen and prove the negligence of the other party. Our lawyers can thoroughly investigate the case, gather the necessary evidence and build a solid claim for you.
- Filing a claim: Truck crash claims involve different types of documents, including driver work logs, maintenance logs, medical reports, and police reports, among others. An attorney can help you to collect and file these documents on time.
- Negotiations: In most instances, the trucking company, the insurer, and other liable parties will want to pay little or deny you the compensation that you rightfully deserve for what you’ve been through. Our Bridgeport accident truck lawyer can handle all the negotiations and fight aggressively for your rights to a fair settlement.
- Trial proceedings: In a situation where we’re unable to reach an amicable agreement, we might have to take the case to court. Our skilled lawyer will prepare the evidence, develop strategies, and advocate for you in the proceedings zealously.
Bridgeport Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
Compensation for a Truck Accident in Connecticut
In Bridgeport, CT, victims are entitled to compensation that includes wrongful deaths, present and future medical bills, damaged properties, lost wages, reduced earning potential, and loss of enjoyment of life.
The compensation can also cover punitive damages, a special and rare type of settlement that aims to punish the at-fault party for acting with ill intent or so reckless.
Click to contact our Bridgeport Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Long do You Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Bridgeport, CT?
Typically, you have two years from the date of the accident to file the claim in Connecticut. That includes both the injury and property damage claims. If someone suffered a wrongful death, the estate executor has two years from the date of the person’s death and not more than five years from the accident date.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Determine Negligence
Proving negligence will typically require you and your lawyer to prove four aspects:
- Duty of care: The at-fault parties had a duty to conduct themselves in a lawful and safe manner.
- Breach of duty: The negligent party breached the duty of care by breaking traffic laws or failing to do what is expected of them by law.
- Causation and damages: The breach of duty caused the injuries and damages that you sustained.
Who Can Be Held Accountable for a Truck Accident in Bridgeport?
A skilled Bridgeport truck accident attorney can prove that one or more of the following parties were responsible for your injuries:
Truck driver – A lawyer can demonstrate the truck driver’s reckless, negligent, or careless behavior that contributed to the accident. These can include, but is not limited to:
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to yield right of way
- Distracted driving
- Running stop signs / red lights
- Drunk driving
Trucking companies – They can be held liable if their inadequate safety practices, such as poor training or exceeding the legal hours-of-service limits, contributed to the accident.
Loading companies – To ensure public safety, truck cargos need to be loaded, balanced, and secured properly. Otherwise, they can shift and cause the truck to tip over.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk and other drug-related driving
- Reckless, careless, or distracted driving
- Inexperienced or poorly trained drivers
- Improper truck maintenance
- Oversized or improperly loaded freight
- Deteriorating road conditions
Why Choose Us?
No one plans on being involved in a truck accident. So, if you’ve been injured in a truck crash, Injured CT is here to help. We have the expertise to investigate and build a solid case to help you obtain full and fair compensation.
Besides, our Connecticut personal injury lawyers are committed to client service, and you can expect:
- A comprehensive assessment of your case
- Vigorous and prompt pursuit of your claim
- Straightforward and honest legal advice
- Transparent and consistent communication with our legal experts
- You’ll have decades of experience working on your side.
- You pay no attorney fees unless we win your case.
To speak to an able Bridgeport truck accident lawyer, feel free to call us today for your first free non-obligatory consultation!