Truck accidents can have life-long effects on your health and financial wellbeing, leaving you wondering what the future holds. At these trying times, an experienced truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the situation and fight on your behalf to ensure justice is served and proper compensation is received.
At Injured CT, we’re committed to offering you exceptional legal services and superior representation to protect your rights and interests. If a reasonable settlement can’t be reached, a Stamford truck accident lawyer will work tirelessly to help you recover maximum compensation at trial.
Contact our experienced Stamford personal injury attorneys today to learn how we can support you. The consultation is free and confidential.
Truck Accident Statistics in Stamford, CT
Truck collisions can lead to life-changing injuries or even fatalities. The Connecticut Crash Data Report shows that truck accidents in the state during the last three years have caused 118,463 minor injuries, 4,764 severe injuries, and 953 deaths.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Stamford, call (855)-285-3425
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?
Here is what you should do after you’re involved in a truck accident:
- Call 911, regardless of what the at-fault party says. You should ensure the police officer has a complete report of the accident.
- If you can, help other passengers or pedestrians that may have been injured during the accident.
- Document the scene by jotting down everything you remember and taking pictures of the accident.
- If there were witnesses on the scene, ask them for their names, addresses, and contacts. Their testimony can help you prove your claim.
- Seek medical attention even if you don’t think you were hurt. Some injuries involve delayed symptoms like concussion and whiplash, among others, and might be life-threatening if left untreated.
- You should talk to a lawyer immediately after the crash. The attorney will step in and handle all communications and negotiations on your behalf.
Stamford Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
An Injured CT Stamford truck accident lawyer can assist you in a number of ways, including:
- Investigation: Truck crashes can be complex and, in most cases, you may not know what exactly happened. Our attorneys will work in conjunction with an expert witness to determine what happened and build a strong claim for you.
- Negotiation: The at-fault party and the insurer will want to settle your claim before trial. But the negotiations can be challenging and technical, and the insurer will try to make a low-ball offer in hopes you’ll accept it. Our lawyers have handled truck accident negotiations in Stamford for many years and will use our expertise to fight for what your injuries deserve.
- Litigation: In some scenarios, you might need to file a lawsuit in court if you’re unable to reach an agreement. However, a trial is built on comprehensive documentation of the accident and in-depth legal arguments. A truck accident attorney will prepare all the evidence required in your case and advocate for you throughout the process.
Click to contact our Stamford Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive in Stamford, CT?
Here are some of the damages that you may be entitled to recover:
- Economic damages – It includes medical bills, car repair or replacement, lost past wages, and any limited future earning potential.
- Non-Economic damages – Entail compensation for severe physical pain, mental anguish, and disfigurement that might permanently impact the quality of life.
- Punitive – This serves as a punishment that can be applied in scenarios where the at-fault party’s conduct was exceptionally reckless or deliberate.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Claim in Stamford, CT?
Under CT Gen. Stat. §52-577, truck accident victims ought to file their claims no more than two years after the crash. If you fail to meet this statute of limitations, you might risk your opportunity to receive financial compensation. Our Stamford truck driver accident lawyer will help you file your claim before the statutory deadline.
Can a Lawyer Prove the Truck Driver Was Negligent?
Most of the time, truck crashes are caused by drivers’ negligence. Our attorneys will conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident. We will review the driver’s hours log, drug tests, police reports, and witness testimonies to prove that the truck driver negligently caused the accident.
Who Can Be Held Liable?
Typically, various parties are involved in a truck accident claim, making it difficult to determine who exactly can be held liable. Fortunately, our attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in identifying the at-fault parties who may be held financially liable in your accident.
- Truck Driver: A driver who has been involved in distracted driving, impaired driving, or other careless actions such as violating the hours of service regulations can be held liable for the accident.
- Trucking Company: Lawyers can examine the accident to find a connection with the trucking company. That can include reviewing the driver’s qualifications and terms of employment.
- Cargo companies: Improperly loaded cargo can fall off a truck and cause an accident. In that case, the cargo company may be held liable.
- Vehicle or Parts Manufacturers: If the accident was a result of defective vehicle parts or an improperly manufactured truck, the manufacturers could be held responsible.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are:
- Distracted, reckless, or impaired driving
- Driver Fatigue
- Oversized or improperly secured loaded cargo
- Poorly trained or inexperienced Drivers
- Truck malfunctioning and lack of maintenance
- Poor road conditions
Allow Our Stamford Truck Accident Attorney to Help You
Victims of truck accidents are entitled to compensation to cater for their medical bills, lost wages, disability benefits, and death benefits to family members. Unfortunately, insurance companies and states might not always work in your best interest. Sometimes, their financial interests surpass the needs of victims, and therefore reaching out to them without adequate knowledge might render you vulnerable.
At Injured CT, we can help you handle these critical legal matters and work to pursue a fair settlement. Our truck accident attorneys have years of experience handling truck accident cases, and we’ll be glad to take your case. We endeavor to employ our knowledge, skills, and expertise to protect your interests, fight for your rights, and ensure the culprits do not run away from their responsibility.
To learn more about how Stamford Truck accident lawyer can help you, book an appointment by calling us Today!