Have you been involved in a slip and fall accident in Stamford? Did you end up severely injuring yourself? Sometimes, apologies from store owners or landlords aren’t enough. You should take the necessary action if you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident. You may be entitled to compensation. The first step you should take is to contact a Stamford slip and fall lawyer.
All property owners have to ensure their properties are safe and in good shape. This also applies to government agencies and employers. Contacting an experienced Stamford personal injury attorney after your accident can help you receive compensation for your damages. At Injured CT, we will conduct thorough investigations to establish liability for your accident.
Call us now to speak to an experienced attorney regarding your case. You don’t have to pay for expenses due to someone else’s negligence. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accidents?
All buildings should be free from hazards. This ensures occupants and visitors are always safe. Regrettably, this isn’t always the case. If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident in Stamford, CT, you may be eligible to file a claim to recover damages.
Here are some of the common hazards that cause slip and fall accidents:
- Unlit sections of hallways or walkways
- Structural problems or unfitting maintenance resulting in cracked sidewalks, irregular steps, potholes in the road/car parks, shattered floor tiles, or torn carpeting
- Slippery/wet floors, staircases, or hallways
- Hazardous debris that isn’t dealt with promptly, such as tree branches
- Weather-related conditions that are ignored, such as salting or shoveling away snow
- Escalators that are unmaintained or out of service and broken staircases
- Spills inside premises like stores, hospitals, and nursing homes that aren’t cleaned up in time
- Overlooking the installation of anti-slip devices, storm drains, or gutters which, in turn, pose safety risks during rainy seasons
- Failure to inform people about hazardous/restricted areas using appropriate signs, including all the hazards listed above
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Stamford, call (855)-285-3425
How Can a Stamford Slip and Fall Attorney Help Me With My Case?
At Injured CT, our lawyers will conduct an independent investigation into your incident. We will find out what led to your accident and collect relevant evidence to prove your claim.
A Stamford slip & fall attorney can also help establish liability. We will find out who is at fault for your slip and fall accident in Stamford, CT, as well as all potential insurance coverage sources. Our reputable legal firm will then take necessary action against these parties.
Evaluating the worth of your claim is an important step. Once we find out how much your claim is worth, we will handle settlement negotiations with the insurer. If this isn’t feasible, our lawyers will file a slip-and-fall lawsuit in Connecticut. Our trial lawyers are ready to represent you in court.
Stamford Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
What Steps Can Be Taken to Help a Slip and Fall Case?
In a Stamford CT slip-and-fall case, the plaintiff has the burden of proving their personal injury claim. You must take the following steps after your accident. They can help you build a strong case against the defendant:
- Take videos and photos of the scene and your injuries. Do not rely on any security footage from the premises. Make sure you capture everything using your camera or phone
- Alert your slip and fall accident to the manager immediately. The supervisor will fill out an incident report which comes in handy when filing a claim
- Note down all relevant details about any eyewitnesses at the scene. This includes their names, phone numbers, email addresses, and addresses
- Seek medical attention immediately if you are hurt
- If possible, find out if the issue can be addressed immediately
Don’t forget to contact an experienced Stamford slip & fall lawyer after the incident. This is critical if you want to build a solid claim.
Click to contact our Stamford Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Can a Slip and Fall Accident Be Proved?
Any victim who files a Stamford slip and fall lawsuit should prove that the defendant’s actions or inactions led to their injuries. At Injured CT, we will prove that:
- The property owner was aware of the hazard
- The property owner should have known about the hazardous conditions
- The victim wasn’t aware of the hazardous situation. They may not have seen the hazard in time, or there was no hazard sign at all.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Is Liability Determined in a Stamford, CT, Slip and Fall Case?
Establishing liability in a slip-and-fall case isn’t easy. You require the legal prowess of a seasoned Stamford slip & fall lawyer to prove fault. Connecticut is a modified comparative negligence jurisdiction. This implies that you’ll only collect damages for your slip and fall accident if your fault is less than 51%.
When filing a claim, here are some of the common questions you can expect:
- Was there any legitimate reason that you were on the premises during the incident?
- Would a reasonable individual in the same context have avoided the risky situation?
- Did you spot any warning signs about the hazard?
- Were your actions part of the reason that led to the slip and fall accident?
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The worth of your slip and fall case mainly depends on the injuries you sustain. If the injuries are severe and permanent, your compensation will be higher. Components such as lost earning capacity, lost income, medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage will affect how much you get for your Stamford slip and fall accident.
Are There Any Time Limits for Filing a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
In Connecticut, all personal injury cases have a two-year deadline. This includes slip and fall cases. This time limit starts from the date of the accident.
Talk to a Stamford Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, including sprains, neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, and fractures. These accidents happen in common places that we visit every day. You can be involved in a slip and fall accident in a hotel, supermarket, stadium, workplace, nursing home, apartment complex, or playground.
If you’ve been involved in a slip and fall accident in Connecticut, contact Injured CT immediately. We will take the time to sit down with you to discuss your case. This will help us get a complete picture of your challenges. Our lawyers will then conduct an exhaustive investigation to prepare the best possible case.
Call Injured CT today to speak to a reliable Stamford slip and fall lawyer. We can help you get a fair settlement for your damages. Our lawyers are ready to answer any that you may have. Get started now before your time limit runs out.