If you get involved in a car accident, it may cause different types of trauma that may negatively impact your life. For starters, you may get physical injuries that may interfere with your movement, or your property may be damaged.
Either way, you have to ensure that you pursue compensation for the damage you suffer after a car accident occurs. This all starts with a call to a Danbury car accident lawyer at Injured CT. The compensation you get will help you pay for the medical expenses, replace your damaged property, and help you move on with your life.
Nevertheless, while it is absolutely your right to get compensation after a car accident, this process is not always easy. A lot of investigation has to be done, and you need to present sufficient evidence to be compensated.
While this process may not be easy, hiring a Danbury car accident lawyer can go a long way in getting you closer to recovering the compensation you are owed.
At Injured CT, we have an excellent team of professional Danbury accident lawyers who are always ready to assist car accident victims in getting the justice and full compensation they deserve. Our elite team of experienced Danbury personal injury lawyers has a wide range of experience dealing with personal injury cases.
Please give us a call today if you have been involved in a car accident. Let us fight for your rights and interest.
Car Accident Statistics Connecticut
Connecticut has a population of about 3,572,665, and it reports an average of 33,654 car accidents per year from 2018 to 2020. In this same period, an average of 36,560 casualties has been recorded. Out of this number, an average of 294 deaths have been reported.
According to traffic accident reports from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the primary cause of road accidents in Connecticut is careless driving.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Danbury, call (855)-285-3425
How Much does a Danbury Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Personal injury lawyers in Connecticut, including car accident attorneys in Danbury, usually handle auto accident cases on a contingency fee, which generally means that you do not pay us a dime until we have recovered an award or settlement for you. The contingency fee can vary but is usually about 33% of the total award or settlement you recover.
Are you worried that you cannot afford our legal services? Don’t fret! We’ve got you covered. Regardless of your social class or financial position, we can help. Please reach out and learn how our contingency fee agreement works and how we can help with your auto accident case.
Danbury Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (855)-285-3425
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Sometimes, when an accident occurs, you may be very confused, and you may not know what to do. You may make some mistakes that may affect your case, which might lead to you not getting the compensation you deserve. Fortunately, we have outlined some things that you should do immediately after a car accident occurs.
- Contact Police: Calling the police is a significant step when an accident occurs, regardless of whether there is an injury or not. Ideally, it is a legal procedure that will play a crucial role in claiming compensation. If there is severe injury or even death, you should ensure that you also inform the police and call an ambulance.
- Check on the Other Involved Parties: You should ensure that you check on the other parties that have been involved in that car accident. Do not make the mistake of leaving or running off from the accident scene because you may be charged. You should check whether the other involved parties are safe or if they have sustained any serious injuries and act accordingly.
- Exchange Info: You should exchange information with the other people that have been involved in that car accident because you might need them in the future in your pursuit of compensation. You should collect the other driver’s phone number, license plate number, physical address, email address, insurance information, driver’s license no., and ask eyewitnesses for their contact info.
- Record the Scene: Recording the scene is essential and can help shed light on the circumstances that led to the crash. For this reason, if you can, take photos of the scene, including debris, vehicle position, road conditions, and your injuries.
- Never Admit Fault: Admitting fault will imply that you are the one on the wrong side, and you will face the necessary legal actions. Even if you think it was your fault, you should never admit it because it is the court that will decide.
- Seek Medical Attention: Seeking medical attention is necessary, regardless of whether you have suffered a physical injury or not. A medical check-up will ensure that you do not have any undiscovered injuries after the crash that may lead to serious health complications. Besides, getting medical attention means you have a detailed medical record and can help you prove your injuries’ severity.
- Call a Car Accident Lawyer: Perhaps the second most important thing you can do after a crash is to contact a lawyer. A lawyer will assess your situation and take measures to protect your interests from start to finish.
Click to contact our Danbury Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident in Connecticut?
The settlement of a car accident in Connecticut is determined by the facts of the particular car accident. For sure, if the car accident only leads to minor property damage, the settlement will not be the same as if the car accident led to multiple people’s death.
However, suppose the car accident has many inconsistencies, where it is very difficult to prove who was at fault. In that case, the settlement can vary widely, depending on the evidence presented in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When Should I Get a Lawyer for My Auto Accident?
There are some obvious indications that you need to hire a car accident lawyer after a car accident. For instance, if you have suffered injuries that will cost you a substantial amount of money in terms of a medical bill or your vehicle is significantly damaged, you should definitely get a lawyer.
Have you been hurt in an auto accident in Danbury? Contact the compassionate car accident lawyers at Injured CT right away. Don’t delay; insurance adjusters move pretty fast, and so should you. Let us make sure your interests are looked after from the very start.
Why do I Need a Lawyer?
Our auto accident can help with all aspects of your claim, including:
- Case preparation and investigation: A lawyer will work with expert investigators such as accident reconstructionists and medical professionals to helo investigate your car accident and prove fault, and establish the severity of your injuries.
- Settlement negotiation: A lawyer will also help you settle with the party at fault, ensuring you get what you deserve. Our attorneys will handle all correspondence with insurance companies and fight for fair compensation.
- Court preparation and representation: If the settlement negotiation with the other party and insurance companies falls through, your lawyer will assist you in preparing for trial and represent you in a court of law to ensure that you get the maximum award.
How Much Can I Expect to Receive for My Damages?
Several factors influence how much you will receive for the damages you’ve gotten after a car accident happens. These factors include:
- The insurance coverage policy
- Car repair costs
- Medical bills
- How much the other party was at fault
- The wages you have lost from not being at work
- The pain and suffering the accident has brought to you and your family
What Types of Damages Can I Recover?
Car accident victims in Danbury or anywhere in Connecticut who can prove negligence can recover compensation for three categories of damages:
- Economic Damages: These are financial losses related to the crash and may include compensation for damaged property, lost wages, and medical expenses.
- Non-Economic Damages: These are compensatory damages for non-financial losses and are usually challenging to calculate. They include loss of consortium, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life.
- Punitive Damages: The court will determine if punitive action is an option. These damages are awarded not to compensate a car accident victim or their family but to punish a defendant whose actions are grossly negligent or malicious.
How Is Fault Determined in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, fault or liability for car accident cases is determined by proving the elements of negligence. These include:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Connecticut’s Modified Comparative Negligence Rule: According to Connecticut’s modified comparative negligence rule, a car accident victim who seeks compensation from the at-fault party cannot recover if they’re found to be either equally (50%) at fault or more responsible for the resulting injury.
Therefore, to recover compensation after a car accident in Danbury, the sufferer must be 49% or less responsible.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim in Danbury, CT?
Strict time limits apply to injury cases in Connecticut. After an accident occurs in Danbury, CT, you have two years from the date of your car accident or discovery of your injury to file a car accident claim. Don’t delay; the sooner you get the ball rolling, the better.
How Can a Danbury Car Accident Lawyer Help Me File My Insurance Claim?
A lawyer can help you file your insurance claim in many ways, including the following:
- A lawyer will help you in connecting with your broker and filing your claim.
- A lawyer will also help you during the investigation process.
- During your policy review, the lawyer will ensure that you are acquainted with everything covered in your policy.
- When the damage is being evaluated, the lawyer will ensure that all your injuries are identified and covered.
- Your lawyer will also help in pushing for your payment once all the procedures are done.
What Can I Do If Insurance Denied My Claim?
If your insurance claim is denied, don’t worry. Insurance companies deny auto accident claims all the time. If your Danbury car accident claim has been denied or is taking too long to settle, we can help.
Our experienced car accident lawyers know how to deal with insurance adjusters and will review your policy’s terms and investigate the reasons for denying your claim. We can also help lodge an appeal for your insurance claim and get you the owed maximum compensation.
Do I Have a Case?
All auto accident cases are unique. However, if you or a loved one was hurt in an auto accident claim on Connecticut roadways because of another party’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongful actions, you may have a case.
Injured CT cares! Please call us and discuss your case with an experienced and caring Danbury car accident lawyer to find out if you have a case – we offer free no-obligation initial case reviews.
What If the Other Driver does Not Have Insurance?
Tragically, not all drivers are law-abiding citizens, and not all carry insurance – or don’t carry enough. Being in a crash involving an underinsured/uninsured motorist can leave you feeling lost and worried that there’s no hope for recovering compensation.
But all is not lost. Besides, Connecticut requires motorists to have underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage, which covers you, your passengers, and your relatives if they are hurt in an auto accident caused by an underinsured/uninsured motorist.
So, if the other driver does not have insurance or is under insurance, you can turn to your insurance company for compensation.
How Can I Obtain an Accident Report in Danbury, CT?
You can obtain an accident report in Danbury, CT, through the police department record division. An easy way to find your auto accident report is to visit Danbury’s police department’s website.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The most common car accident injuries frequently seen in Danbury auto accidents include:
- Brain injuries: The impact of road accidents causes violent blows to the head, which leads to traumatic brain injuries.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries occur mostly in fatal accidents where the car bursts into flames.
- Death: Death occurs in fatal accidents where individuals suffer massive bodily injuries. Some deaths happen immediately during the crash, while others occur during treatment.
Have you suffered any kind of injury after an auto accident in Connecticut? The skilled, experienced, and compassionate car accident lawyers at Injured CT can help. Regardless of the kind of injury you suffered, we can help fight for fair compensation so you can focus on healing and recovery.
Call a Danbury Car Accident Lawyer at Injured CT Today!
The injuries you suffer after a serious car crash can have a ripple effect across your entire life. In addition to the excruciating physical pain you’re dealing with, the mental and financial stress can be a significant burden on you and your loved ones.
At Injured CT, we care; we take that burden off you. Our skilled and compassionate Danbury car accident lawyers provide personalized, professional, and expeditious legal services to relieve the pressures of pursuing a car accident claim.
Please call us today to get started with your free case evaluation, and let us give you and your family the skillful and compassionate representation you deserve during this difficult time.