Devastation can take just moments to occur when a traumatic brain injury happens. From car accidents, falls, work-related accidents, and medical mistakes, these accidents carry long-term loss for individuals and require some of the most challenging claims processes, and an Enfield personal injury lawyer can help. At Aeton Law, our Enfield traumatic brain injury lawyer has ample experience and understanding of these very delicate legal matters to help you pursue fair compensation.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Can Carry Years of Pain and Suffering
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention share that every day in the U.S., an estimated ’90 people die as a result of a traumatic brain injury, and more than 214,000 hospitalizations took place in 2020 from these incidents. Without a doubt, these are some of the most worrisome injuries today because of how they impact a person’s life and future. Traumatic brain injuries can lead to:
- Death from the incident
- A shortened lifespan
- Cognitive function decline and limitations
- A lifetime of needing support and assistance
- Limitations on quality of life
- Changes to relationships
- Inability to work
- Constant pain and discomfort
- Emotional trauma and pain
There are many ways that such accidents can occur, and our traumatic brain injury lawyer in Enfield will work very closely with you to find out if someone else is responsible for what occurred to you. Brain injuries are very complicated cases that require an attorney with a unique ability to understand the medical aspects of these conditions. You can depend on our experience to help you navigate these situations.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries Cases We See in Enfield
An Enfield traumatic brain injury attorney sees a wide range of accidents and injuries resulting in these types of losses. If you are one of the many people who have become a victim in these situations, even if you are not sure if someone else may be responsible, we encourage you to reach out to our attorneys for help. Some of the most common causes of brain injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Falls from heights
- Violence, including assaults
- Sports injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Explosive events
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace injuries
A traumatic brain injury can happen to anyone at any time, and most of the above causes are not those that can be easily prevented. Yet, when another person is responsible for the injury due to negligence or recklessness, they may be responsible for paying for the losses you have endured. The dedicated, trusted traumatic brain injury lawyer in Enfield from Aeton Law has experience helping clients with all levels of traumatic brain injuries.
Potential Complications and Impact on Life from Traumatic Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can range from mild to severe, with most traumatic forms involving long-term implications and complicated recovery processes. What makes these cases specifically challenging is that they are, beyond a doubt, very unique in every situation. Our traumatic brain injury attorney in Enfield will talk to your medical team, gather data from medical research, and discuss your case with you to get a better idea of the potential complications and losses you have from this injury with some examples including:
- Coma and vegetative state: In the most severe cases, we work with close family members of those who are no longer able to make decisions for themselves due to coma or the person being in a vegetative state.
- Minimally conscious state: Another potential long-term outcome is a minimally conscious state that impacts a person’s ability to function and be aware of what is occurring around them.
- Seizures: Often, these types of injuries can result in seizures that make it impossible to do the things you love to do, work, or engage in activities like driving a car.
- Infections: Depending on the type of injury, some of them can result in infections that can threaten a person’s life and well-being.
- Cognitive function decline: In some people, mental health complications, including cognitive function, may decline due to the injury. Intellectual problems, including those related to memory, judgment, and reasoning, can occur.
- Communication problems: Some people with a traumatic brain injury may have difficulty understanding language or communicating what their needs are.
- Behavioral changes: These can include engaging in risky behavior, lacking an awareness of a person’s abilities, trouble with outbursts, and much more.
These are just some of the ways a traumatic brain injury can impact a person. Our goal is to understand what is likely to happen in your situation so that we can determine who is at fault and what compensation you may be owed as a result. Every one of these complications is a real threat to a person’s quality of life and should be something you are compensated for if someone else causes your injury.
How Our Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys in Enfield Will Help You
Whether you suffered the injury or a close family member did, our lawyers will work very closely with you to understand what has occurred and why. We will work very closely with your medical providers and discuss your case with you openly so that you know what your rights are for compensation. We work hard to prove your case and will take steps like the following to help you:
- Determine who is at fault, including all parties that may be at fault for what occurred in your situation
- Determine the extensiveness of your losses, including discussing your medical needs and outcome with your doctors, using medical research to verify this information, and discussing your case with other experts
- Outlining the specific insurance claims that we can file to cover your losses
- Fighting for fair compensation from those responsible
- Going to court to protect your rights when necessary
Let us learn about your accident. Let us create a legal strategy to help you fight to receive the compensation owed to you. Count on our legal team to be there.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Attorneys Now
Our Enfield traumatic brain injury lawyers are ready to discuss your case with you. Call Aeton Law now to learn more about the legal options we can offer to you. Reach us now for a free consultation.